WHO WE ARE
Chartered on March 24, 1898; for over one hundred twenty years, the skilled, trained, professional, and certified Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians of IBEW Local 68 have helped the counties of Adams, Arapahoe , Boulder, Broomfield , Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Jefferson, Lake, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Grand, Jackson, Weld and Yuma as well as their surrounding areas, grow and prosper. We have provided superior and safe electrical construction and maintenance work that has allowed this region’s residences, communities, and businesses to thrive and continue to maintain their Vision for the Future.
From the early days of electrification, to the Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies, IBEW Local 68 members have been supported, trained and valued by an encompassing Local Union with a rich history of progressive leadership and values. Over the span of a century, Local 68 has helped maintain the honor and dignity of working people, and has safeguarded the communities of Colorado.
We represent approximately 2,000 members who not only work in the traditional electrical markets but also in the Renewable Energy and Alternative Transportation markets.
1. Inside electrical construction
2. Residential electrical construction
4. Solar PV, Wind Farms and Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
Our representation brings with it clearly defined contract rights including wages and benefits, which allow our members to live in dignity and health through a rewarding career and to look forward to a prosperous retirement.
Our cause is the cause of human justice, human rights, and human security. Our object is to organize all workers in the entire electrical industry working in our jurisdiction into our Local Union. We believe in cultivating feelings of friendship among those in our industry, assisting each other in sickness or distress, securing adequate pay for our work in order to achieve a higher standard of living, seeking security for our individual members, and by legal and proper means elevating the moral, intellectual, and social conditions of our members and their families.
Local Union 68 Objectives:
- Promote by all proper means the material and intellectual welfare of the members;
- Establish and maintain an adequate wage for our labor;
- Advance the principles and practices of conciliation and arbitration in the settlement of any differences with our employers;
- Make every effort for proper and safe installations of all electrical work, thus safeguarding life and property;
- Make our card and seal a certificate of fraternity, honesty, efficiency, and reliability.
- Promote Code of Excellence