CALLS WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEB AND THE RECORDER BY 5:30 P.M. THE JOB RECORDER NUMBER IS 303-297-0258.
MASTER SIGN IN FROM 8:OO A.M. TIL 5:00 P.M.
DAY BOOK SIGN IN:
INSIDE CALLS - 8:00 A.M. TIL 9:00 A.M.
RESIDENTIAL CALLS- 8:00 A.M. TIL 9:00 A.M.
VDV CALLS- 8:00 A.M. TIL 9:00 A.M.
BY TELEPHONE (ALL BOOKS)- 5:30 P.M. TIL 8:00 A.M.
VDV CALLS-----------------------------------9:00 A.M. TIL 10:00 A.M.
RESIDENTIAL CALLS-------------------------9:00 A.M. TIL 10:00 A.M.
INSIDE CALLS------------------------------- 9:00 A.M. TIL CALLS ARE FILLED
A JOB CALL THAT GOES UNFILLED AFTER DISPATCH IS OVER CAN AND WILL BE FILLED AT ANYTIME THEREAFTER.
Effective Friday, January 2, 2015, IBEW LU 68 will implement the following changes to the referral procedure:
1. Job calls for the following day will be posted on the internet and the phone recorder after 5:30 pm.
2. Anyone interested in a job call can sign the Day Book in one of two ways:
(a) In person, at the hall, between 8 am and 9 am, as it is currently being done or:
(b) Via the phone recording number (303-297-0258), making sure that you follow the prompts that are given. If you use the phone system to sign the Day Book, it must be done between 5:30 pm and 8 am the day of dispatch. Calls made outside of this time frame will not count towards registering you on the Day Book.
3. Dispatch will begin promptly at 9 am. Job calls will be offered to everyone that signed the Day Book, according to their position on the Master Book. If you signed the Day Book in person, you will be called into the dispatch office. If you signed the Day Book by phone, you will be called at the phone number entered on the phone recording system. If you use the phone method for referral, the dispatcher will attempt to contact you a total of three (3) times. After the third attempt the dispatcher will move to the next person on the Day Book.
4. If you take a job referral by phone there will be a set time, depending on the job, that you need to pick up your referral by. If you do not report to the hall to pick up your referral slip at the agreed upon time, you will be dropped from all of the Out of Work lists and must re-sign in person.
5. All applicants signing Books II, III and IV, need to notify IBEW 68 when they become employed in any other IBEW jurisdiction, so their names can be removed from the ‘Out of Work’ list.
If there are a large number of unfilled calls, which result in an unrealistic number on the Out of Work list, checkmarks will also be implemented. Calls subject to checkmarks are those that do not require special skills (Welding, Cable Splicing, Background check, etc.). OSHA 10, no smoking and Hard Toe Boots are not considered special skills. If a job call is considered a checkmark job call, everyone listed on the Master Book before the applicant that takes the job call will receive a check mark. If an applicant is rejected by a contractor they will not receive a check mark (ding). After three (3) check marks your name will be removed from the prospective Book that you received the three (3) check marks on, and you will have to resign in person.
With the addition of the phone dispatch system being used, alongside our current day book procedure, we hope to make it easier for members to take job referrals.
Please allow this communication to serve as Official Notification of IBEW Local Union 68’s intent to adopt the following changes, in bold print, to the referral procedure and rules to be effective immediately. These rules are intended to achieve some standardization in referral and dispatch procedures to better accommodate those seeking employment and to improve response time to requests for manpower.
These new rules mandate that everyone desiring to remain active on our Out of Work list re-sign these books between the 10th and the 16th of each quarterly deadline (January, April, July & October). July re-sign will also serve as the annual purge and if this is not completed you will fall off of the list. Re-signs can be accomplished by sending a note expressing your wishes to remain on the books using any of the following methods:
3. U.S. mail
4. In person
5. Web Site
Re-sign will require the following information; Name, address, home local #, and IBEW card # or if not a union member, a drivers license or government approved ID.
All forms of re-sign must be received by the end of business, 5:00 p.m., on the 16th of said month.
If the 16th falls on the weekend, you will have until 5:00 p.m. on the following Monday. Late re-signs will NOT be accepted for any reason including mail postmarked by the 16th of said month. Any applicant that fails to re-sign will be rolled to the bottom of the Out of Work list.
All applicants signing Books II, III and IV, need to notify IBEW 68 when they become employed in any other IBEW jurisdiction, so their names can be removed from the ‘Out of Work’ list.
These rules also mandate the implementation of the three check mark or turn down rule. Any applicant that is on the Out of Work when a job call goes beyond his or her name, will be considered a turn down and therefore receive a check mark. On the third check mark or turn down each applicant will be rolled off the Out of Work list.
There will be exemptions from receiving a check mark. These include:
1. Any member working under a current salt agreement.
2. Any member with a current medical condition that would prevent them from being able to work. This requires a current (within 7 days) doctor’s statement to be exempt and a current (within 7 days) doctor’s statement to be eligible to take a job call again. These members will be exempt from monthly re-sign.
3. No member will receive a check mark for a call requiring a specific skill.
4. No member will receive a check mark for turning down any call requiring shift work.
5. No member will receive a check mark for turning down a call for a Contractor that is delinquent in paying their benefits.
6. Members will be allowed up to three weeks exemption from receiving check marks for vacation. Vacation is granted in full week blocks from September 1 to August 31. Vacation requests must be submitted to dispatch before close of business to be eligible for vacation the following days.
7. Any member on official military withdraw is exempt from check marks and monthly re-sign.
8. A member on the out-of-work list will not receive a turn down check mark for a job call if he or she is attending any local union sponsored journeyman upgrade classes, steward classes, or other training that may occur during normally scheduled work hours, nor will a member receive a check mark if they are a delegate assigned, appointed or elected to attend a class, conference, or convention as defined in Article XVII, Section 1 (d) of the IBEW Constitution.
9. A member on the out-of-work list will not receive a turn down check mark for a job call if he or she has a pre-approved exemption from the dispatch office for items such as jury duty or a court subpoena. Verification of attendance shall be required.
The current referral procedures are posted in Dispatch.
If you have any questions, please direct them to the dispatch office or any Business Agent if dispatch is not available.